Re: LINUX Kernel Parameters

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:43:07 GMT

> If we wanted one server per instance, I doubt we'd even have the floor
> space. I've also lost count of the instances we have to monitor; but monitor
> them we do. And we do the development DBA stuff as well...

I think that this is part of the point. If it were an ideal world, we'd have one instance per server. And my development server, test server, and production server would all have an identical configuration. But the real world has cost constraints. We can't afford to have one instance per server, all with identical configs. So we do the best with what we have, and that often means running multiple instances on the same server.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com