Re: Archived redo logs

From: Jurjen Oskam <joskam_at_quadpro.stupendous.org>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 09:43:38 GMT

In article <3ef02c85$0$18497$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>, Niall Litchfield wrote:

>> Is it safe to assume that *every* file in that directory is complete and
>> not being written to by Oracle?

> No. Unless archiving is temporarily stopped.

Thanks. In combination with the suggestion in another posting (querying the V$ view), a better way than "everything minus the last" can be written.

> As above the reasoning is correct - but the procedure does further assume
> that the backup is successful and will always be available.

I've described a simplified version of the procedure. The archived logs are only deleted when they are successfully stored in TSM.

--
Jurjen Oskam

PGP Key available at http://www.stupendous.org/