Re: How to Forbid sqlplus connecting to ORACLE

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:57:29 +0200

"Grant" <goddabao_at_yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bcp5la$gt_at_netnews.proxy.lucent.com...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to forbid sqlplus connecting to ORACLE Server?
> I don't want somebody using my DB Server via sqlplus in Client, and I will
> only permit the user using svrmgrl on the Host.
>
> The ORACLE Server version is 8.1.7 (another is 8.1.5), running on Solaris.
>
> Thanks
> Best Regards,
>
> Grant

Hi Grant,

first of all: please don't multipost. Many (if not all) of the group regulars read all oracle related groups. So your posting will appear to them in every group you put it in.

To your problem: stop the listener. That makes it impossible to connect via network. You still will be able to connect on the server directly. To only prevent connections from SQL*PLUS, someone less
ignorant may jump in. I'm interested to learn about that.

HTH & HAND,
Guido Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 03:57:29 CDT