Re: SV: Automatic import of a text file into an Oracle database

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:47:36 +0000

Lars Mollerup wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response. I am aware of the sqlloader but i want to
> do some extensive checking of the data on the file.

Data checking? That is surely part of the data processing domain. I know of an excellent tool for that.

It has a very powerful command language to manipulate data. Also has an embedded scripting engine that allows you to manipluate and check and process data. It allows you to define all kinds of quick access paths so that you do not have to sequentially process data. You can create data subsets. Perform data processing on data sets.

It is called Oracle.

Unless of course you're really hardcore and think that writing C code, piping via awk, sed and grep, can provide the same functionality..?

Oracle is a data processing platform. Not just a "database".

--
Billy