trace analyzer / tkprof

From: Oradba Linux <oradba_linux_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 03:16:16 GMT

I was reading about trace analyzer , a tool used to mine raw trace files and provides more information than tkprof does . I am thinking of trying it out to some trace files and learning more about it . Comments about trace analyzer are welcome .

Meanwhile i was looking at the output from trace analyzer , it is just an example from a support note . Can i ignore the count zero time in the below report . I think it is a count of waits which had ela=0 in the raw trace file .
Does (Total Time waited / ( Times Waited - Count Zero Time) ) tell us the time taken for an I/O operation to complete ?

Event                                                                 Times
Count      Max.     Total    Blocks
waited on                                                            Waited
Zero Time      Wait    Waited  Accessed
db file sequential read (single block index scan)................       521
284      0.05      2.84       521

Also in one of the raw trace files
FETCH
#<CURSOR>:c=0,e=0,p=0,cr=0,cu=0,mis=0,r=1000,dep=0,og=2,tim=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I see a fetch operation with p=0,cr=0,cu=0 but rows processed = 1000 . How do i interpret such a situation ?

Thanks Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 22:16:16 CDT