Re: Creating an Oracle Reporting Server

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:11:51 +0200

Joseph C. Henning <jchenning_at_yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 685bef7f.0306171330.77a2a699_at_posting.google.com...
| I have a question on the number of ways you can replicate a production
| database to a reporting server (data warehouse). Can this be done by
| hot backups? Can this be done on a transaction basis? Just looking
| for different ideas on how to do this task. Any help would be great.

| Regards,
| Joe

Make a standby database that is constantly fed by the archives of the orgininal database.
That standby database can be opened for read only. Always forget in which version a feature becomes available but I think it is 9.0 in this case. Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 17:11:51 CDT