Re: Anybody using warehouse builder?

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:58:21 +0100

"John" <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f2f59d82.0306171105.94c0e68_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in knowing if anybody is using ORACLE Warehouse
> Builder - in production I mean. What were your reasons of using it? Is
> it more trouble than its worth? Is ORACLE even getting any liscense
> fee out of this product?

Must confess non-familiarity with the product, so this may not help.

What I do know is that my company was evaluating ETL tools for a DW project, and that Oracle withdrew from the tendering process. Eventually another tool was selected, and we are supposedly going with that. The main source of data is an IBM mainframe.

I'm a cynic however, and would have gone with flat files, load to staging schema, then PL/SQL to cleanse, transform and load. But this approach was ruled out unconditionally by the system 'architects' before the project even got started.

So we shall see what happens.

Regards,
Paul Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 14:58:21 CDT