NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS setup does work..

From: Gaetan Poitras <poitrasg_at_crcsogema.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 10:37:37 -0700

Hi, i need to set the NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS parameter to CHAR on oracle 9i windows XP.

When I add the NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS = 'CHAR' in init.ora or if I add it in Regedit or if I do an alter system set nls_length_semantics = 'CHAR' I am still in BYTE

select * from nls_database_parameters give me BYTE allways even if the alter is done for char..!

All help will be appreciate.. what I did wrong..? My NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET = AL16UTF16 Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 12:37:37 CDT