Re: About Oracle9iAS

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 09:51:11 -0700

"M" <someone_at_microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<bcktkt$bhm$1_at_news.hgc.com.hk>...
> "Ryan Gaffuri" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message
> > "M" <noreply_at_noreply.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks. I understand that Oracle is a little bit weak in client
> > > applications,
> > > esp. in Forms & Reports, not to mention Oracle Graphics. However,
> > > quite a lot of appls still run using Oracle Forms, e.g. Oracle
> Financials.
> > > That's why I need to learn this "tech", no matter I like it or not.
> > >
> > > BTW, will it be tedious to use Java to design front-end forms? It seems
> > > to me that every object on the form need to be defined explicitly
> including
> > > the events, event listener, etc. Isn't it?
> > >
> > > Just asking. Some other might think this is not the right place to
> discuss
> > > Java.
> > >
> > > Thanks anyway.
> > >
> > > "Burton Peltier" <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> deploy
> Oracle9iAS
> run
> the

> overhead ,
> we
> am
> not

> Since
> wondered

> clear
> and
> for
> !

> Oracle

> > im not familiar with licensing. however, I got 9i forms and reports to
> > run from home without installing 9iAS at all. All I did was an install
> > of the database in EE(you dont need EE for forms). this installed
> > apache. Installed the developer suite.
> >
> > started apache
> > started the oc4j
> > ran my forms.
> >
> > Im not using forms and reports in a work environment now, so I did it
> > from home. Looks like oracle is hosing people on licensing. It looks
> > like they have special deals for jdeveloper where you dont have to pay
> > for 9iAS. anyone know about this?
>
> That's exactly what I want to do. I have installed 9iDB, 9iDS. As you
> said,
> the apache just installed and run automatically. What I've did to apache
> is redirect the default location to another folder such that when I input
> http://localhost/ in IE, it points to the new location (virtual directory?,
> I'm
> not sure). I also started the OC4J although I didn't know what it is.
>
> However, I got error when running a test form (with a text item only). It
> said
> http://localhost/forms90/f90servlet/forms=test.fmx... not found!

http://localhost/forms90/f90servlet/forms=test.fmx... not found!

this is the directory where it is looking for your form. im guessing your on windows right? In the registory there is a forms pointer entry that tells oracle where to look for the form. add a semi-colon and point it to the directory where your forms are saved. in 6i its called

forms60path, so I would assume its forms90path in 9i, but i could be wrong. either that or put your .fmx file in the directory that is described above.
that little stuff is really annoying isnt it? Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 11:51:11 CDT