Re: A few questions about Oracle9iAS

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:54:57 +0200

Terry Chan wrote:

> When I want to install Oracle9iAS, it prompts a dialog box.
> It says
> "Oracle9iAS Infrastucture cannot be installed into an exiting Oracle9i
> 9.2.0.1.0 or higher Oracle Home."

It seems clear to me: you cannot install the 9iAS Infrastructure in the same Oracle Home you install the RDBMS into. You have to create a different Oracle Home for that purpose. Also, if you want to install Mid-Tier on the same computer, you will have to create a third Oracle Home.

Kind regards, Cris

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)

We are SCO.  Unix is our property.
Linux is illegal.  Prepare to be sued.