Oracle 9i instance mirroring

From: Giggio <(toglimi)_giggio_70_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:44:13 +0200

Hi,
I have a production database in which inserts and updates are made with some C and PL/SQL procedures (from flat files, etc.). I have to mirror it for heavy querying from some OLAP and DW systems (Web Intelligence, Application Foundation, etc).

The production DB is on a Sun E3500 and its datafiles are stored on a volume (say, volume1) created on
an HP XP-1024 storage array. I want to create an image instance on a domain of a Sun SF-4800 that has
a volume (say volume2) on the same storage. I know that I can use the HP Business Copy software for volume mirroring, but I don't know how to create
the second (mirror) Oracle instance on the SF-4800. Better, I don't know if I have to create it in a particular
way, or if simply I have to create an instance that have datafiles similar to the production DB that are overwritten every day (this is the frequency of synchronization that I need) by the Business Copy software.
Can anyone help me to understand? Does anyone used this method or similar? Thank you all... Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 09:44:13 CDT