Re: Automatic import of a text file into an Oracle database

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:59:01 +0300

Hi!

"Lars Mollerup" <lars.mollerup_at_niva.no> wrote in message news:bcn4i5$8ij$1_at_dolly.uninett.no...
> Thanks for your quick response. I am aware of the sqlloader but i want to
do
> some extensive checking of the data on the file. Is sqlloader userful in
> this setting?

SQL Loader itself is very powerful tool, but if it's features aren't enough for you, then load to intermediate interface table using sqlldr, and then perform your checks, updates or whatever on it before transferring data to production tables.

Good luck,
Tanel. Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 08:59:01 CDT