Re: wiping out an oracle installation (8i)

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 05:38:48 -0700

There are several ways to do it, the first which is probably the safest, is to use the installer. When the installer comes up, choose installed products, you should be able to de-install from there. The second way, remove the oracle home and the oraInventory(as long as its the only 8i install in the inventory). You may want to search metalinks on this, but, you'll probably come up with the same as what I have responded with.

HTH,
Pete's

The views I may have expressed are solely my own and not that of my employer.