Re: ADO connection to Oracle gets a listener error, but only on the first few attempts

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:16:40 +0000

Mark Freeman wrote:

>> Great information about bind variables, and many other topics, can be
>> found in Tom Kyte's Expert One-on-one Oracle from Wrox Press.

> Thanks for the pointer. I'll check it out.

Don't just check it out Mark. Buy the book. It is IMO *essential* reading for anyone wanting to do Oracle development.

It will save you head and sanity from screaming loudly and running blindly into many a brick wall in Oracle.

Charges like that may have worked fine for the Nuy's cavalry.. but has no place in development.

--
Billy