Re: Plagiarism

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:29:53 +0000

Nuno Souto wrote:

> Does this happen to you folks as well?
>
> Finding your own code, complete with the little
> "inconsistencies" that make it your own, copied
> and pasted one year later into someone else's
> "Initial coding"?
>
> Pisses me off no end...

Yeah.. it's like having an admin/operator seeing you use a /*+ FULL(x) PARALLEL(x,10) */ for a QFH (Query From Hell) and then proceed to use this piece of code in every friggen SQL they use as it is now The Magic Wand That Makes Oracle Go Fast.

See Oracle. See Oracle Run. Run Oracle Run.

I better get some coffee in me pretty quickly before I grab my lead pipe*...

--
Billy
* there is no problem that can not be solved with the dedicated, focussed