LINUX Kernel Parameters

From: Andy <andybush2003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 14:57:35 -0700

Hi,

OS: Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1
DB: Oracle 9.2

I followed the instructions in the installation manual, and was able to install the 9.2 database. My question is that after having created the 1st instance, I would like to add additional instances.

The installation document only gives the kernel parameter values for one instance. Should I simply multiply the values by number of instances and adjust the values upwards.

I know UNIX enough to find my way around, however not to the level as to make sense of how and what effects these kernel parameters would have on database processing on LINUX.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 16:57:35 CDT