Re: oemctl - getting the oracle management server started

From: Arcangelo <xxx_at_yyy.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 06:34:03 +1000

"Ole" <oviaudmurat_at_web.de> wrote in message news:c640408c.0306151353.7f3f3569_at_posting.google.com...
> By the way, if anyone gets the oemapp console ( enterprise manager )
> run and is able to add a database to the navigation tree, then
> tell me how you accomplished that. I'm running oemapp console, logging
> into the management server. And after running
> the "node finding" wizzard, there is no database within the navtree.

Probably because you do not have any databases statically declared in your LISTENER.ORA. You need a 'SID_LIST' section of that file; you can't just rely on automatic instance registration.

The Intelligent Agent on a node reads that SID_LIST to work out what databases exist.

If you change your LISTENER.ORA, don't forget to re-start the Listener afterwards... and then stop and re-start the Agent. Then try refreshing the node in OEM.