Re: imp hangs then ora-3113 error

From: richie <richchri_at_erols.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 13:20:44 -0700

oops, sorry....we are running oracle 8.1.6.0.0 on linux redhat advanced server (2.4.9-e.10smp).thanks for the link....i've looked at those issues in the past. the only thing i can think of at this point is it's a memory issue in where some new process can't spwan off. no processies seem to be dieing. there are no defunct or rouge processies. however, the first few tables import with no problem...it's just when it gets to that call _Records table (which is the largest table in the dump...about 4 million rows)....the imp is taking place on the same machine as the oracle instance and the listener are running on and there are no errors in any of the logs (alert, listener, sqlnet). i would hope that if an oracle process that needed to spwan and couldn't because of memory would be written to the a log any log some log but i guess that's asking to much. the machine has dual hyper threaded processors and 2gigs of ram where around 1gig of which appears to be allocated to the shared_pool_size in the orace init file.

thanks again.