Re: RMAN incomplete recovery on 8.1.7.0/W2K

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:07:13 +0200

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:41:45 +0100, Anthony Hogan <ahogan-nospam-_at_iespana.es> wrote:

>Did I miss something with the restore or is this normal behaviour? I am
>rather annoyed with myself for offering advice which would have resulted
>in more data loss than necessary.
>
>Any thoughts??

This is definitely not normal behavior, and my gut feeling is your backup script is in error.
First of all it looks like a datafile has been added and a resync catalog was never executed.
Secondly, there are usually problems during restore when you didn't archive the online redolog prior to backing up the archive logs.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 11:07:13 CDT