Re: Problems with Win2k Server, 6Gb RAM?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:05:14 +0300

Hi!

> Two years ago a friend had the embarrassing (for his boss!)
> experience of ending up with a 12Gb Win2K Compaq box that he
> could only use 4Gb of. Nothing more frustrating!

Yeah, tell me about it. Few years ago worked with several Oracle 8.0.4's on NT4.0 boxes with 4GB memory. SGAs were set about 500MB on each server. And Oracle8 didn't allow NT to use file system caching for it's datafiles, so 3GB of mem was just wasted...

Tanel. Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 08:05:14 CDT