Re: Importing Database - I'm at my wit's end...

From: Chris Vowles <chris_vowlesREMOVE_at_REMOVEhotmail.REMOVE.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:00:16 +0100

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:08:09 GMT, "Paul W" <pwatkins_at_ivrusa.com> wrote:

>Thankfully, I'm not trying to run any applications, just get the data, so
>that I can refer to it with an external application. Is there a way to
>specify a wildcard in the import command so that I can get only the tables
>and data to import ?

imp help=y

will give all the options such as grants=n

e.g.

C:\>imp help=y

Keyword Description (Default) Keyword Description (Default)

USERID username/password FULL import entire file (N)
BUFFER size of data buffer FROMUSER list of owner usernames
FILE     input files (EXPDAT.DMP)    TOUSER       list of usernames
SHOW     just list file contents (N) TABLES       list of table names
IGNORE   ignore create errors (N)    RECORDLENGTH length of IO record
GRANTS   import grants (Y)           INCTYPE      incremental import
type
INDEXES  import indexes (Y)          COMMIT       commit array insert
(N)
ROWS     import data rows (Y)        PARFILE      parameter filename
LOG      log file of screen output   CONSTRAINTS  import constraints
(Y)

etc

Chris Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 05:00:16 CDT