loadjava: JAR with long package names

From: Ralf Jonas <scraponly_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:11:14 +0200

Hello,

I still have a problem with loading a jar-File into Oracle, but now I'm a bit further and I know the reason ;-)
I have to load a third-party JAR package into Oracle, because I need the classes in Oracle server side Java. Unfortunately the class names including the package names are far longer than 30 characters.

Imagine this sample Java source:

public class Sample
{
  public static long SampleTest() throws java.lang.ClassNotFoundException   {

      Class.forName("com.dataimages.processors.access.DataAccessory");
.
.

This code results in a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException. Obviously this doesn't work because the loaded class names are truncated at 30 characters. Classes with names less than 31 characters are loaded correctly.

No, I can't do this externally, my task is to do this inside Oracle due to data access security.
No, I can't use another driver and No, I can't make them to create another JAR-file.

Is there any way to put this JAR into the classpath externally? Or is there any chance to access this classes from inside Java? In PL/SQL I have access to DBMS_JAVA.LONGNAME, but I guess this won't help me here.

Greetings

   Ralf Jonas Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 03:11:14 CDT