Re: Importing Database - I'm at my wit's end...

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:26:19 GMT

As ususal, one question leads to another, and another.

In parallel with asking here, I recommend supplementing with the manual. All of the (literally 100s of) variations to the import/export commands are well documented in the Utilities guide. The documentaiton for all current versions can be accessed from Oracle's Technet and relatively directly from http://docs.oracle.com.

You mention Oracle9i Release 2 so all your manuals are at http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/index.htm and the utilities manual is at
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/nav/docindex.htm#index-ULT

Note that the commands can use parameter files which can iunclude the table names as a list. You can also do a import without data and even "show" that to display or file. Thus you could do a no-data import to a file and use the results to create your parameter file.

HTH
/Hans