Re: Importing Database - I'm at my wit's end...

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:11:15 +0200

Paul W <pwatkins_at_ivrusa.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 4kWGa.2633$%3.170776_at_typhoon.sonic.net...
| Perhaps I spoke too soon, it ran across error #1435 saying that the user
| does not exist when it's going to import the tables, so it terminates.
I'm
| just trying to recreate a production database, for development, and don't
| necessarily need the user information, is there a way around this in the
| command line?
|
| Paul

Most likely grants are given to a user or role that does not exist. Specify ignore=Y (default is N) as parameter, then import will continue after errors.
Other actions depends on what import you are doing (full? fromuser/touser? user import?) and what you want to achive. It could be better to create the role(s) or user(s) prior to import, otherwise privilige problems could make the application not to run properly in this development database. Received on Sun Jun 15 2003 - 05:11:15 CDT