Importing Database - I'm at my wit's end...

From: Paul W <pwatkins_at_ivrusa.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:52:19 GMT

I'm running Oracle 9i release 2, finally went through a few days of headaches getting the system setup and running properly. I have a database established and working, now I'm trying to import tables and data from an export file, and I'm running into an issue with the node credentials not having proper authentication and/or not having the "logon as batch file" ability.

For some reason, the Oracle configuration wizards can't seem to plug into the Active Directory service that I already have running for authentication, it runs into an exception, and doesn't specify what that exception is. In the meantime, I've tried plugging in the external OS user accounts that I was able to specify as the node credentials, all to no avail.

I believe the issue that I'm having is that the Enterprise Manager is not using the external OS credentials properly, or I missed something in the setup, but I can't get this file to import. I'm not quite clear on how the system is trying to use authentication for importing a local file, (seems rather stupid to me...) If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get this file to import, I would be very appreciative.

Paul Received on Sat Jun 14 2003 - 21:52:19 CDT