Re: Replication from 7.3: Master site will upgrade to 8i tomorrow

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:14:03 +0100

"Anurag Varma" <avarmadba.skipthis_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:TYGGa.13777$Bw2.5343_at_nwrddc03.gnilink.net...
> Re: complete refreshes working after the upgrade --
> I don't see a reason why not.
> Although .. why don't you rebuild them with PK .. right after the upgrade?
> Why would you want to go with
> complete refreshes for even a week? That does not make *any* sense.
>
> Also, make sure that once you rebuild your snapshots, that it does show up
> in the master sites
> user_registered_snapshots view (I might have got that name slightly wrong)
> I've been bitten couple of times when snapshots get unregistered and even
> complete refreshes
> fail to register them.
>
> BTW: The only case we have of different versions being in master/snapshot
> ... is 9.2.0.3 master
> with 8.1.7.4 snapshot (nested). Not that it is anywhere close to your
setup.

> HTH
>
> Anurag

Anurag,

Thanks for the input. We *think* that complete refreshes should be OK; we'll find out for sure tomorrow.
Yes; we will build PK snapshots a.s.a.p. The problem is that the notification from the master site (over which we have no control) was very late. This is a production environment; we just need a day or two to make sure that the 'drop and recreate' scripts are bullet-proof, before we do it in anger. So I hope it makes *some* sense to delay.

Regards,
Paul Received on Sat Jun 14 2003 - 15:14:03 CDT