Re: What's wrong with SQL Server?

From: Burton Peltier <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:54:07 -0500

DBPowerSuite sounds like a Sybase Advertisement.

The tpc.org web site has misleading clustered results and it appears Oracle isn't even contributing much anymore.
- Misleading, because nobody in their right mind would use sqlserver clustering (manually must break up table data/rows between clusters!?) - no matter how good the performance is.
- I looked at "all" results and Oracle hasn't even contributed 1 this year (for at least OLTP) - not sure what is this about? Was tpc bought out by M$ ?

There is some truth in the "sybase ad", in that some people buy Oracle because Oracle is the market leader. But, Oracle didn't get there by accident or something. They got there with a better product than sybase, which of course, sqlserver is based on (or at least was based on initially).