Re: Replication from 7.3: Master site will upgrade to 8i tomorrow

From: Anurag Varma <avarmadba.skipthis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:13:55 GMT

Re: complete refreshes working after the upgrade -- I don't see a reason why not.
Although .. why don't you rebuild them with PK .. right after the upgrade? Why would you want to go with
complete refreshes for even a week? That does not make *any* sense.

Also, make sure that once you rebuild your snapshots, that it does show up in the master sites
user_registered_snapshots view (I might have got that name slightly wrong) ...
I've been bitten couple of times when snapshots get unregistered and even complete refreshes
fail to register them.

BTW: The only case we have of different versions being in master/snapshot ... is 9.2.0.3 master
with 8.1.7.4 snapshot (nested). Not that it is anywhere close to your setup.

HTH Anurag

"Paul Brewer" <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk> wrote in message news:3eea51fd_1_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...
> Sorry for this; we've tried metalink searches, and we've called support,
but
> we can't get a definitive answer, so if anyone here can offer advice, it
> will be more than welcome.
>
> We are replicating (simple read only) from a 7.3.4 database into an 8.1.6
> database - fast refresh with rowid (this by the way is across the
Atlantic).