Re: Where can I get a complete list of all SQL Hints?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:01:35 GMT

Ryan wrote:

> i was hoping someone outside of oracle put together a list of all the oracle
> hints including the undocumented ones in one place with an explanation of
> what they do.

why go outside of Oracle when they are willing to document them? (btw - I am not an oracle employee, so the list and the explanations in the doc have been provided to you by someone outside of oracle <g>)

> how many undocumented hints are useful? has anyone used them?

yes, undocumented hints can be useful for the following situations:

  1. when advised by Oracle's support or
  2. when you want to explicitly null your support contract

for the sake of those who will be reading the list you eventually publish, please put - in extremely bold letters - that undocumented hints are probably in the process of being deprecated (possibly because they don't work or they are superceeded) OR are under development and should be treated like any potentially unstable development (read alpha/beta) code. Received on Sat Jun 14 2003 - 09:01:35 CDT