Re: Listener connection in TIME_WAIT status

From: test <test_at_invalid.address>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:17:55 +0200

Pinto:
> I am not sure if you are facing the same problem that i had faced.
> We had similar problem with one our client program using ODBC. it
> used to hang in OCIServerAttach call.
> and netstat used to show TIME_WAIT.
>
> finally it was traced to a bug in Oracle 9i.

As you may already guessed I installed Oracle 9.2 and the problem disappeared.

I don't know what caused the problem, however the same release (9.0.1.1.1) was running well on a differnet server with the same software environment. The only noticeable difference I found is the hardware: the problematic installation was on a recent multiprocessor server while the other was on an older single processor system.

Alessandro. Received on Sat Jun 14 2003 - 05:17:55 CDT