Re: Listener connection in TIME_WAIT status

From: test <test_at_nomail.it>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:49:00 GMT

sybrandb_at_yahoo.com :

>How can we tell something is wrong in the listener configuration when
>you don't post any details? No one is really clairvoyant here

Here it is my listener.ora
# LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File:
# D:\oracle\ora90\NETWORK\ADMIN\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
    )
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = SRV1CED18)(PORT = 1521))
    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\ora90)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = ORCL)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\ora90)
(SID_NAME = ORCL)

    )
  )

Now I'm thinking it may be not a problem with the listener, but I can't figure what's going wrong.
The problem is that the connetction hangs for some time (this time is variable for each attempt from one minute up to ten or more), then it start working properly.

Thanks for your answer.

Alessandro. Received on Fri Jun 13 2003 - 07:49:00 CDT