Accessing AS400 from Oracle 9i

From: Ralf Jonas <scraponly_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:25:41 +0200

Hi,

my current job is to periodically transfer a table from an AS/400 into an oracle table. The AS/400 can be easyly connected via JDBC using the jt400.jar so I wrote a stored java procedure to do this task. Furthermore I can call this job periodically from DBMS_JOB. But my problem is the JDBC driver itself, it is inside an jt400.jar file from the "AS/400 ToolBox for Java".

Do I really have to load this jt400.jar into oracle using the loadjava utility or is there any other way to use this driver? Is there no way to add this .jar into a class path for the oracle jre?

Yes, I already tried to load this driver with the loadjava utility, but it doesn't work. Either I get errors while resolving the classes or (if I don't resolve) a ClassNotFoundException.

Thanks in advance

  Ralf Received on Fri Jun 13 2003 - 03:25:41 CDT