Re: please help with stored outlines

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:37:04 GMT

> > "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Ryan Gaffuri" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message

> > > Outlines are NOT tablespace based, not at all. Evidently User_b is not
> > > running statements with identical hash_values. To get identical
> > hash_values,
> > > statements should be *EXACTLY* the same.
> > >
> > However its using different copies of the same tables. The tables have
the
> > same names, they are just owned by a different user and stored in a
> > different tablespace. is it possible to use the outline for this
purpose?

> > > --
> > > Sybrand Bakker
> > > Senior Oracle DBA
> > >
> > > to reply remove '-verwijderdit' from my e-mail address

yes. I believe that is in the original post. Not sure if Im asking this correct. I have two exact copies of a tablespace in the same instance. I transported the tablespace.

Schema A has a default tablespace of A
Schema B has a default tablespace of B

Tablespace A and B have the exact same objects. I created a stored outline based on a table in tablespace A. I would like to use this stored outline against a table in tablespace B, that has the same name and the exact same data, storage etc... So my plan is stable.

I get the impression that the hash code will be different because the tables are in two different tablespaces and there is no way to use the same plan on these two tables? Even though they have the same name, but are in different tablespaces. Received on Fri Jun 13 2003 - 02:37:04 CDT