Export/Import of a table with BLOB columns

From: Tuan Dang <tuan_t_dang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 05:01:24 GMT

I need to migrate a table from database A to database B with the following setup :

Table :
CREATE TABLE T ( COL1 NUMBER, COL2 BLOB ) database A :
table T is created in the SYSTEM tablespace we do an EXP command to export the table to a file

database B :
We create a new tablespace TS for the owner of the table. We revoke all quotas on SYSTEM tablespace for the table owner We create Table T specifying use of TS for the BLOB column We run IMP IGNORE=Y

The problem is that IMP insists on recreating table T and using the SYSTEM tablespace
for the BLOB.

Can anyone help us do it such that all the table columns do not use the SYSTEM tablespace on database B ?

Thanks ! Tuan Received on Fri Jun 13 2003 - 00:01:24 CDT