Re: pl/sql

From: Eric Parker <eric.parker.spamless_at_virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:23:48 +0100

"Tim" <tsyn2001_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:13c5e366.0306120947.6d85b64f_at_posting.google.com...
> i'm having a problem printing in Oracle pl/sql.
> I wrote a procedure. it gets create fine, then I lose connection to
> db after i create the procedure. I can't call the procedure, or even
> do a simple query to the db.
>
> does anyone know how to properly create a simple procedure, then call
> it, but within the procedure, i need a print statement that will print
> to screen the ouput, so i will know it works.
>
> thanx.
>
> -tim

Tim,

Have you looked at using 'toad' to write and test your pl/sql in ? There is a free version. You should be able to see your procedure source code through it.
The 'dbms_output' package can buffer text lines for you and 'toad' will then make them visible.
Beware there is a finite limit to how much output can be buffered.

HTH eric Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 16:23:48 CDT