Can I know how long took a select into a cursor ?

From: Frederic Payant <fpayant_at_freesurf.fr>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:13:34 +0200

Hi,

[ solaris 8 Oracle Enterprise 8.1.7.0 ]

Is there any way to know how long took a cursor to execute ? I 've a binary program in which developer 1st open a cursor for X first rows (where rowid < X) then for each fetch, call some proprietary OCI which do some job.

I would like to know if it is possible to know how long it takes to fill the cursor (ie how long it is to select X first rows) ?

Naturally,it's impossible to modify any part of code, so any info will have to be got across Oracle's views.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day
Regards
Frederic PAYANT - junior DBA ;-) Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 16:13:34 CDT