Re: about storage

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:02:32 +1000

"Emily Liao" <emilyl_at_skytelemedia.com> wrote in message news:bc8tr9$g69rp$1_at_ID-189319.news.dfncis.de...
> Sorry, how can I create a table which size is 50M. Is the following right
>
> CREATE TABLE "SCOTT"."A5"("EMPNO" NUMBER(5) NOT NULL, "EMPNAME"
> VARCHAR2(20) NOT NULL)
> TABLESPACE "DB_TST1"
> STORAGE ( INITIAL 1M NEXT 1M MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 500
> PCTINCREASE 0)

Hi Emily,

It depends on what you mean by "create a table which size is 50M". Do you mean that the table has an initial size of 50M or do you mean that a table can grow up to a size of 50M ?

If you mean you want to ensure the table has at least 50M of storage pre-allocated, I would recommend creating the table in a locally managed tablespace (either with autoallocate or appropriate sized, say 1M uniform size) with a storage clause of INITIAL 50M. Note though that there is no way as such of limiting the max size of the table (other than limiting the size of the tablespace).

Cheers

Richard Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 08:02:32 CDT