Migration & Bridges Approach

From: Shaurya <ssharma_at_acbl.net>
Date: 11 Jun 2003 07:55:58 -0700

Hi,
The current setup for my client is Oracle database and MFC front END. The legacy system is a Unisys MainFrame. Due to this, there are bridges running both ways.
Oracle to MainFrame (Generate File from tables and send to Mainframe) MainFrame to Oracle (Generate file from Mainframe and Ins/Upd/DEL in Oracle)

Curently, these bridges are hosted on a separate server (other than Oracle). Most of these bridges are written in VC/VB. These programs use OCI-Interfaces and ADO for their purpose.

Lately, the client is wanting to move these bridges entirely to ORACLE. Can you guys tell me some pros and cons in doing so?

This is kinda urgent. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Shaurya Received on Wed Jun 11 2003 - 09:55:58 CDT