Re: Mateus Morato

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 11 Jun 2003 01:02:26 -0700

mateus_at_cadsoft.com.br (Mateus) wrote in message news:<6785c818.0306101111.3d20d161_at_posting.google.com>...

> It seems to be very slow and I don't know why. I ran this sql command:

Define slow.

> What's wrong with this server? I don't know why de misses is so high.

None of the misses you show are alarming. Quite normal, in fact. Can you post a statspack or bstat/estat report? For a period when it is slow? Edit out any confidential info, like pathnames, nodenames and such.

> Where can I find some info about it. Any clues????????

I'm the last person for clues but I'd appreciate some more from your side. Like:

1- Where specifically is it slow? Connects? Running small resultset statements? Large resultset ones?

2- How are you measuring slow and where?

3- Do you have a CPU-bound or a disk-bound system?

4- Is your app developed in-house or off-the-shelf?

5- Is it always slow or is there a pattern?

And so on, others I'm sure will pitch in. BTW, your name is not a good idea for Subject line...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Jun 11 2003 - 03:02:26 CDT