Re: What kind of a DBA are you?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Jun 2003 14:57:52 -0700

Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:<E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA703C39671_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>...
> [...]

What's really amazing is I know people in socal that don't have cars. No Oracle people though, but several other computer types. It's difficult in socal, to say the least, with the possible exception of some university environments, and some rare urban chic areas. Where I currently work is supposed to be a work-live area, but it smells gawd-awful from the leftover agricultural spots. Most of the places that have been planned like that (I'm thinking Rancho Bernardo and Irvine), people wind up living there and commuting elsewhere or vice versa. I tried the train, but it didn't do well for me - the bus driver to my work even got lost one day (bus error! :-) . I did see a few people commuting to Quest with their bikes on the train.

Here ya go! http://www.ratbike.org/docs/150.html :-)

> Cheers,
> Norm.
>
> -------------------------------------