Re: Oracle Service (Winnt) : interact with the desktop

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Jun 2003 10:48:19 -0700

"Bud Socks" <bud_socks_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:<bc4k07$fhbca$1_at_ID-2182.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hi there,
>
> when i check the properties of the oracleservice<sid> i notice the checkmark
> at the option :
>
> interact with the desktop.
>

> What does that exactly mean and what are the proper settings ?
>

> Thank you
>

> (Oracle 8.0.5, Winnt4)

Bud,

> interact with the desktop.

that would probably be for when you get a black command prompt shell window that says:

!!! ARCHIVER ERROR !!! when your log_archive_dest is full.
It doesn't hurt anything for such a message to appear, but typically, oracle server consoles are either locked or logged off of, so this would be of little benefit.

8.0.5 was de-supported long ago.
NT4 was supposed to be desupported by MS next month - but they pushed it back.
don't expect any security fixes out for NT4 for much longer (if at all) - and I don't mean to imply that none will be needed.

Pd Received on Tue Jun 10 2003 - 12:48:19 CDT