Re: refcursor for pipeline table function?

From: Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:30:08 GMT

Jusung Yang wrote:

> I think what you are looking for is the PL/SQL record type.
>
> SQL> create or replace package pkg1_ as
> 2 type rec_typ is record (num number, dt date);
> 3 type ref_cur_typ is ref cursor return rec_typ;
> 4 end;
> 5 /

Thanks, but there are a couple bugs related to using record types with pipeline functions (like you can't even recompile them!) as well as several limitations. Besides all the features that you get if you use objects (encapsulation, inheritence, polymorphism, etc...). See the other posters reply and my follow up on how to make it work with object types.

Thanks,
Richard Received on Tue Jun 10 2003 - 00:30:08 CDT