Re: How would I write this sql

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 9 Jun 2003 17:16:42 -0700

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net> wrote in message news:<3EE1F7B4.7497749E_at_telusplanet.net>...

> Since this is open source - let the dev team know they are trampling on top of
> standards with this construct. The standard is ANSI, not Oracle, so they
> should NOT be doing this!!!!!!!

Akshally, correct me if I'm wrong. But I seem to recall the standard provides use of "(rabbit's ears) around any reserved word to avoid its interpretation as such.

So what he's done is actually the correct way to approach this. I mean, quote *user* and be done with it. Rather than remove *user*

IIRC, most SQL generators out there do the same with any column, table or user name: they quote them to avoid ANY potential problems with reserved words in any given implementation.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Jun 09 2003 - 19:16:42 CDT