Re: Database Catchup

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:24:36 +0200

"Will Greene" <willgreene99_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3ee4fcf0$1_2_at_127.0.0.1...
> Hello,
> I have a scenario. I have two database both at 8.1.7.4. One is Unicode
> and the other is usachii7. I would like to be able to take a cold backup
on
> the Unicode, and then import that into the non-unicode. While the import
is
> running, the Unicode db is brought back up and continues to process
> transactions. Once the import is complete, at a specified time in the
> future, I would like to be able to take the log files from the Unicode dba
> and apply them to the non-unicode to catch-up the second db. Can this be
> done?
> Thanks,
> Will

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

No
There is no on the fly characterset conversion. You would need export/import on two-sides. It would also be very ill-advised to have transactions applied against a partial-imported database unless
a) you want to be a magician
b) you are looking to change jobs

--
Sybrand Bakker