Re: rman problem

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: 9 Jun 2003 16:46:33 GMT

"Bud Socks" <bud_socks_at_gmx.de> wrote in

>> Which media manager. Let me guess.... Backup Express (we see these
>> errors

>> frequently with that product even though everything is properly

>> configured). If it were up to thet DBAs we would have sacked B/EX
>> long

>> ago and found something more reliable.

> Hi Chuck,
>
> yes you`re right it is Backup Express 2.1.5c ! ;-)
>
> i am not sure if there is everything properly configured.
>

> What should i check ? So far i did not do any configuration
>
> since using rman - beside that i found out, that backup to disk with
>
> rman works fine.
>

> Bud
>
> .

What we usually have to do is just rerun the backup. No explanation from Syncsort. They can never find a problem. Sometimes you have to try to rerun it several times. We have been trying to get Syncsort to provide an answer for this problem for over a year with little success. If it were my decision I would have switched media managers long ago but I have to live with what I am given. Received on Mon Jun 09 2003 - 11:46:33 CDT