Re: Performance issue and statspack

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2003 06:29:36 -0700

kamal80_at_virgilio.it (Kamal) wrote in message news:<4e766a02.0306050755.6ae13534_at_posting.google.com>...
> I tried to increase that parameter but it wasn't useful, thank you
> anyway for the hint.
>
> Kamal

Kamal, I think Steve's point was not just the redo log file buffer, but the size of the online redo logs themselves. How large are they on each system? If the VMS system logs are smaller try recreating them larger and see if this makes a difference. When you switch logs the system checkpoints. When Oracle checkpoints the db buffers are flushed. This is costly if it occurs too often and small redo logs in relation to the amount of DML activity cause excessive checkpoints.

What about the disk farm. Is the NT system using a cached disk array of some kind? What kind of disk do you have with the VMS system?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Jun 09 2003 - 08:29:36 CDT