Oracle backup to tape Please help....

From: Rukmini Madduluri <rmadduluri_at_stantec.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2003 05:38:04 -0700

Hi,

I'm currently accepting responsibility to Backup our database periodically. I have been doing various other dba tasks like performance tuning, writing scripts, stored procedures and triggers. I'm very good at PL/SQL and SQL . I know how to backup to a disk and to exports and imports , but the problem is we have a server that has to be backed up onto a tape. The server is a dell server that has its own tape device and we have ARC Serve to manage the tapes. I can see the Tape only from arc serve Media manager but cannot see the tape from Windows explorer. I have never worked with tapes. I'm comfortable doing backup's to disks but do not know how to backup to tape. Is there a way to backup to the tape through Arc Serve or can I do it directly from oracle. Any direction in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Rukmini
rmadduluri_at_stantec.com Received on Mon Jun 09 2003 - 07:38:04 CDT