Configuring Oracle 9 on Linux (Memory issue)

From: undef <double6_at_yandex.ru>
Date: 9 Jun 2003 04:42:40 -0700

Hi all!

Iam new to oracle and want to ask your help in configuring it on linux server.
We use 1 server 2xP1700 (Xeon with HT), 2GB of RAM, RAID 5. OS: RedHat Linux 8 (2.4.18-14smp)
Oracle: Oracle-9.2
Our database is not big (about 700 MB) and we have ~30 clients. Following installation instructions and official documentation I set up this configuration parameters:

/proc/sys/kernel/shmmax have value 1073741824 (Half of available RAM)

Oracle configuration:

db_block_buffers=10000
db_block_size=8192
sga_max_size=1106449528
shared_pool_size=536870912
processes=150

Server works ok for about 10-15 days, and then halts. I suggest that this happens because of wrong configuration. When it starts up, it doesnt eat much memory, but after some time of work I have about 20-50 Mb of free memory. I suppose that all this configuration parametres will limit oracle resources to ~1Gb of RAM, but this dont work!

Please help!

ps. sorry for bad english. Received on Mon Jun 09 2003 - 06:42:40 CDT