Re: agentctl start fails when root snmp active

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 13:07:14 +0200

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:00:14 +0200, "Kantix" <francesco dot cantisano_at_tin.it> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have the following problem,
>when i try to start the agent (both on 8.1.7 with lsnrctl> dbsnmp start that
>on 9.2.0 with agentctl start) i get an error like
>>Agent exited at Tue May 13 13:02:33 CEST 2003 with return value 55
>only and only if is up and running the demon (executed as root) snmp.
>If we:
>1)kill (as root) the snmp
>2)start (as oracle) the agent
>3)reactivate (as root) snmp
>All works well, both the snmp root (used for MRTG Multi Router Traffic
>Grapher) that the agent.
>What should I look for (I think some snmp config file) to avoid this
>problem?
>Thanks to all
>Francesco

Likely there is a conflict between the MIBs of the snmp daemon and the MIBs used by Oracle.
The snmp daemon get's defined in /etc/'snmp.conf, Oracle provides a demo mib file (which has mib in it's name) somewhere in $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent.
IIRC there is also a separate doc outlining the integration of Oracle snmp and server snmp.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jun 09 2003 - 06:07:14 CDT