agentctl start fails when root snmp active

From: Kantix <cantisano_at_tin.it>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:00:14 +0200

Hi,
I have the following problem,
when i try to start the agent (both on 8.1.7 with lsnrctl> dbsnmp start that on 9.2.0 with agentctl start) i get an error like
>Agent exited at Tue May 13 13:02:33 CEST 2003 with return value 55
only and only if is up and running the demon (executed as root) snmp. If we:

1)kill (as root) the snmp
2)start (as oracle) the agent
3)reactivate (as root) snmp

All works well, both the snmp root (used for MRTG Multi Router Traffic Grapher) that the agent.
What should I look for (I think some snmp config file) to avoid this problem?
Thanks to all
Francesco Received on Mon Jun 09 2003 - 05:00:14 CDT